Gordon D. Bell
Gordon Bell has walked in your shoes. After working in the trenches as a CEO for many years, Gordon decided to begin sharing his hard-won business acumen with others who want to succeed. He has established himself as a trusted mentor and coach, helping numerous companies increase shareholder value while minimizing risk.
The Midland Group offers a variety of services and educational tools:
- Midland Management Solutions
- This system incorporates a series of comprehensive assessment tools and strategies designed to help business owners maximize shareholder value and minimize risk through strategic, operating and legacy plans that combine your personal, financial and business goals. Gordon is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor.
- Private Equity Capital
- Gordon has performed dozens of merger acquisition activities. With an expansive network of established investor groups, Gordon can identify the equity solutions that meet your specific needs.
- Lake Effect Publishing
- Gordon, a respected Christian leader, is writing a book entitled Servant LeaderShip Wisdom. The book will have complementary small group study guides and additional materials targeted toward youth leaders.
- Gordon holds a B.S. and an M.S. degree from Purdue University. He attended Harvard as a member of its Young Presidents’ Organization program and is a former member of the World Presidents’ Organization. Gordon is a 1986 Purdue University Alumni of the Year recipient. In 2010, Purdue’s College of Consumer and Family Sciences chose to honor him as one of 105 treasured alumni in the school’s 105-year history. He received a doctorate of foodservice from the North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers, and he has nine patents in the Foodservice Equipment Industry.
- Religious Organizations & Charities
- Gordon has a long history of service to numerous church, community and professional organizations. In 2014, he was chosen to be a part of the Dancing with the Fort Wayne Stars celebrity cast. Gordon has also served on the board of trustees for Trinity Christian College and in various church leadership positions, and he has a passion for providing pastoral care. He has also developed a church ministry called, “Unemployed … Let’s Talk.”
Patricia A. Bell
Co-founder Patricia Bell coordinates and provides administrative support for The Midland Group. Her experience in office administration and client relations plays a key role in our success.
- Attended Trinity Christian College
- Community Involvement
- Long history of volunteer successes, from running congressional campaigns to major community fundraisers
Ty Whitacre is a former Vice President for Global Fortune 500 Companies and brings senior level skills in Business Process Improvements, Business Development, Sales Productivity Improvements and Integrating teams from mergers and acquisitions.
Marilyn J. Miller
Administrator Marilyn J. Miller brings more than 15 years of office managerial experience to The Midland Group. In addition to maintaining administrative systems and processes, she provides key support with valued partners and clients.
- Business degree, Northern Michigan University
- Community Involvement
- Long history of volunteering as a Board member with the Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana. Also instrumental in starting and chairing ABLE Ministries, a church ministry for families with children who have special needs.