Gordon D. Bell
Gordon Bell has walked in your shoes. Early in Gordon's career, he spent 10 years being trained as part of Alcoa Inc.'s senior management development program. This resulted in his being in the 36th graduating class of their noted Pittsburg Management Conference.
After working in the trenches as a CEO for many years, Gordon decided to begin sharing his hard-won business acumen with others who want to succeed. He has established himself as a trusted mentor and coach, helping numerous companies increase shareholder value while minimizing risk.
Under Gordon's leadership, the Midland Group now offers a variety of services and educational tools:
- Midland Management Solutions
- This system incorporates a series of comprehensive assessment tools and strategies designed to help business owners maximize shareholder value and minimize risk through strategic, operating and legacy plans that combine your personal, financial and business goals. Gordon is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor, and he is among a group of just five exit planners in the nation to receive a Master Mentor designation.
- Gordon Bell was also recently named Peter Christman 2016 Exit Planner of the Year by the Exit Planning Institute, a national honor that recognizes the far-reaching impact he he made on the exit planning industry.
Bell is the third person to receive the award in the organization’s history, which is awarded to a professional advisor who demonstrates thought leadership within the profession, helps clients happily transition by successfully aligning their business, personal and financial goals and demonstrates an ability to lead and work collaboratively with fellow advisors.
- Private Equity Capital
- Gordon has performed dozens of merger acquisition activities. With an expansive network of established investor groups, Gordon can identify the equity solutions that meet your specific needs.
- Lake Effect Communications
- Gordon, a respected Christian leader, recently published his first book: Discover Your Next Best Step: 10 Proven Principles to Servant LeaderShip Wisdom. The book incorporates 30 personal illustrations from more than 40 years in life and business. It includes 100 questions to encourage individual reflection, a leader’s guide for small group discussion and journal pages for recording personal notes.
- Gordon holds a B.S. and an M.S. degree from Purdue University. He attended Harvard as a member of its Young Presidents’ Organization program and is a former member of the World Presidents’ Organization. Gordon is a 1986 Purdue University Alumni of the Year recipient. In 2010, Purdue’s College of Consumer and Family Sciences chose to honor him as one of 105 treasured alumni in the school’s 105-year history. He received a doctorate of foodservice from the North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers, and he has nine patents in the Foodservice Equipment Industry.
- Religious Organizations & Charities
- Gordon has a long history of service to numerous church, community and professional organizations. In 2014, he was chosen to be a part of the Dancing with the Fort Wayne Stars celebrity cast. Gordon has also served on the board of trustees for Trinity Christian College and in various church leadership positions, and he has a passion for providing pastoral care. He developed a church ministry called, “Unemployed … Let’s Talk.” Gordon and his wife Pat helped start two churches in Fort Wayne – a Reformed Church of America congregation in the early 1990s and a Christian Reformed Church congregation in the early 1970s.
- Developed Midland Management Solutions, a proprietary process that helps companies increase shareholder value and minimize risk.
- Advised and supported owners and management teams in strategic alliances, joint ventures, private equity, ESOP and IPO exit strategy alternatives.
- Completed more than 60 buy-side and sell-side transactions in diverse markets, including retail, industrial, packaging, foodservice and sanitary maintenance.
- Led and assisted in the globalization of numerous businesses.
- Conducted hundreds of strategic plans, value enhancement plans and exit plans.
- Led market and product development teams in worldwide launches of patented technologies.
- Served as CEO of five different businesses.
- Granted 9 patents of his own.
Patricia A. Bell
Co-founder Patricia Bell coordinates and provides administrative support for The Midland Group. Her experience in office administration and client relations plays a key role in our success.
- Attended Trinity Christian College
- Community Involvement
- Long history of volunteer successes, from running congressional campaigns to major community fundraisers
Marilyn J. Miller
Administrator Marilyn J. Miller brings more than 15 years of office managerial experience to The Midland Group. In addition to maintaining administrative systems and processes, she provides key support with valued partners and clients.
- Business degree, Northern Michigan University
- Community Involvement
- Long history of volunteering as a Board member with the Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana. Also instrumental in starting and chairing ABLE Ministries, a church ministry for families with children who have special needs.
©2017 The Midland Group. All rights reserved.